Shock Sensors Prevent Damage to Fragile Goods
Ship your fragile, sensitive, perishable, or calibrated goods without surrendering control of their handling. Prevent mishandling every step of the way with ShockWatch Impact Indicators.Affixed directly to your goods or packaging, our shock sensors detect and record impact and mishandling of fragile, sensitive or calibrated products during transportation.
ShockWatch Impact Indicators
Thousands of the best-known companies in the world trust their shipments to ShockWatch every day. No other shock sensor product is more recognized by carriers or offers a better reliability record.These effective, attention-getting devices act as a strong visual deterrent to unacceptable handling, no matter what you’re shipping.Packnet has added to its family of handling indicators and is now offering the new ShockWatch DropSpot™ indicator. This new indicator is primarily used for items large in size or by weight. The ShockWatch DropSpot™ offers peace of mind in shipping fragile, sensitive, perishable, or calibrated goods. In addition, they offer valuable evidence of trouble spots within the supply chain and help reduce warranty claims.
Impact Indicator Products
ShockWatch Impact Indicators are available in a number of styles to best suit your needs:
ShockWatch Labels, Clips and Tubes:
These innovative, proprietary ShockWatch devices contain a tube filled with red liquid held in suspension. When the device is subjected to an impact exceeding a specified G-level, the shock disrupts the surface tension of the liquid, releasing the highly visible red dye into the length of the tube, creating a permanent and immediate indication of mishandling. Normal movement or roadshock won’t affect the device – only the specific impacts for which it is designed. Once activated, the device cannot be reset.
Available in label, clip or tube form, these devices can be affixed to product packaging, directly onto the product itself, or incorporated into the product design, giving you the flexibility to prevent damage on virtually any goods requiring care during shipping and handling. Use the ShockWatch Labels, Clips, and Tubes to conduct quality assurance inspections designed to promote zero-defect shipping. By monitoring your goods, these devices can be used to prevent warranty abuse.
As an education tool, these products can influence the behavior of handlers during the manufacturing and shipping process. They can also aid in assuring product integrity and serve as a testing mechanism in comparing packaging.
- The MAG 2000 utilizes two highly sensitive magnets triggered when a shock or vibration is strong enough to disrupt the magnetic attraction. This causes the upper magnet to move from its home position and appear in a new visible position within the unit. The position of the upper magnet clearly indicates the angle of impact.
- A special key is supplied to unlock the cover on the unit. This allows the product to be reset after activation, and prevents tampering.
- The activation point is factory set, with 10 standard activation values; 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G, 7G, 10G, 11G, 16G, and 20G. Special values are available for custom order.
Impact Indicator Applications
- Automotive components
- Commercial appliances
- Semiconductor devices
- Computer hard drives
- Lab equipment
- Storage media
- Glass products
- And much more
Benefits for a More Profitable Business
ShockWatch shock sensors:
- Reduce product damage and loss incurred during transportation
- Protect fragile, sensitive, or calibrated goods in transit
- Provide indisputable evidence of mishandling
- Act as visual deterrent to improper handling
- Alert recipient to inspect contents before acceptance
- Ensure chain of accountability for all product handling
- Protect against/reduce warranty claims
- Confirm effectiveness of packaging
- Identify trouble spots in production process and transportation
- Lower production yield losses
- Ensure quality of product from dock to dock
- Increase customer satisfaction and provide a visible marketing edge
Features Designed for Maximum Performance
ShockWatch shock sensors features include:
- Impact detection for a wide array of product types and sizes
- User-specified detection threshold
- Highly visible “red alert” indicates mishandling
- Tamper-proof design prevents concealment of activation without obvious evidence of interference
- Easy-to-use adhesive backing requires no tools or assembly to install (MAG 2000 products include optional bracket mounting)
- MAG 2000 products are resettable and reusable
- MAG 2000 Impact Date/Timer features a resettable digital clock for display of date and time of impact
The ShockWatch Program
The ShockWatch program includes the following:
- Alert Sticker: Affixed to the Bill of Lading, it cautions the carrier and consignee that the shipment is monitored
- Companion Label: Provides an additional visual warning and instructions on what to do if mishandling occurs
- Caution Tape: Provides a visual warning against mishandling
- Posters: Provides communications to carriers and customer receiving docks on the program elements
- Consultation: A ShockWatch representative will assess your specific requirements and work with you to develop strategies for success
- Ongoing Customer Support: ShockWatch representatives are always available to assist you in defining your program and ensuring its success
ALL PACKAGING PRODUCTS