The following video is an animation created by Cortec that shows how the VpCI Emitter works to protect products during shipping and storage. The video does a nice job of showing the technology.
- The emitter only needs to be placed in the vicinity of the product in a closed container. There are no messy sprays or plastic wrapping and no need for sealed bags with desiccants.
- Once activated, the corrosion inhibiting vapor quickly disperses throughout the container and saturates the immediate area while completely covering the product.
- The animation demonstrates that the vapor consists of pairs of oppositely charged ions. This assures attraction and bonding the metal surface.
Watch video here: http://youtu.be/uiE6CygZYRU
The following were not necessarily apparent from the video, but are equally important to know.
- Cortec VpCI Emitters can protect products for several months under minimal storage conditions.
- There is no special cleaning operation needed when the product is removed from the package.
- The product is environmentally friendly; it is safe for both products and humans.
- The product does not interfere with electrical, optical or mechanical performance.