Getting prepared for ocean shipping
Shipping via ocean is done every day, but it is vital to insure your cargo is crated to survive the voyage. While a crate can be securely fastened in the cargo storage area, there is no way to shield the cargo from the ocean forces.
A ship at sea can move in six different directions:
See image below
The bottom line is cargo has to be created to survive the toughest part of the journey.
Some critical aspects of crating:
- Weight Distribution
- Strength of the container
- Spacing inside the container
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Shape of container
Packnet can design your crating system and even come to your factory to load your cargo. Let us help insure that your products can survive an ocean voyage.
Below is a YouTube video of a freighter going through a storm.
Last 5 Posts
- Mobile packaging and crating service just might be the perfect solution for you
- Five reasons why the housing market will never return to past glory
- Smart crating: new terminology for an old concept
- US Lumber Industry is seeing strong profits as demand and prices continue to rise
- Dock workers and ports come to agreement